A healthy sleep. The rules of good sleep.
DISCONNECT TO BREATHE - insomnia, this is the evil of the century. When you know that one in three has difficulty getting to sleep, and that one in five is regarded as insomnia, sleep can quickly become stressful and a source of daily concern, especially in times of stress.
Our sleep represents more than a third of our life, and in 60 years we have spent twenty years in the arms of Morpheus. Yet we are twenty millions in France to suffer from a bad sleep. In the United States, it is outright 50% of the population that complains of too little or poor sleep, and from the age of 13 years.
Our sleep is our best ally, became at this time our best enemy.
Chronic insomnia even becomes public enemy number one for our health : diabetes, obesity, decreased performance, impaired concentration, impaired attention, decreased alertness leading to accidents and work, depression, cancer, cardiac disorders, mood disorders, and anxiety.
Use the five rules or adages to protect your sleep in times of stress :
1. "Before the time it is not the time. After the hour it is the hour", you should respect your hours of sunrise and sunset to protect your internal clock. This circadian clock to day-night governs all our biological functions, and makes us vigilant and efficient in time.
The timing of sunrise and stops the release of melatonin, the sleep hormone, and triggers the circadian clock vigilance. The pressure of sleep will accumulate throughout the day to guide you through the night in the arms of Morpheus.
If you just remove an hour of sleep every night for a week, ultimately you will accumulate a sleep debt equivalent to a sleepless night.
And if you think you compensate by sleeping in on Sunday, in reality you are magnifying the disruption of your internal clock, such as a jet-lag-Paris-New York or even Paris to some !
2. "You've made your bed, now lie in it" it means that your day to prepare your night. The way you will live the events of the day will determine the quality of your night. Learn how to manage your tensions, physical, emotional and mental. Release gently your eyes, your jaw, your neck, your shoulders several times a day and breathe out consciously, and then go into abdominal breathing for three minutes. Don't wait for the time to be in bed to decompress a magic wand ; your accumulated tensions can otherwise block your falling asleep and/or re-surface at 3 o'clock in the morning, eyes wide open and ruminations incessant.
3. The break recovery the energy. It is well western to want to stay under high pressure throughout the day, so that everyone can observe its rate of vigilance falter between 13h and 15h. The mid-day, is the perfect time to take a nap of twenty minutes if one is not insomniac or better, for all, a session of sophrology sitting in the quiet to increase your physical and intellectual abilities without depleting your resources. Learn how to make a mini break of relaxation dynamics. Objective : to be more efficient, more focused, more creative, more adaptable, more serene.
4. When "The sandman is past", this is the optimum time to go to sleep. It is important to recognize its signs of falling asleep in order not to miss the train, sleep when it manifests itself, otherwise you are good to wait for the next cycle, 90 minutes later. Each has its own signs of sleep onset : itchy eyes, yawning, mild chills, heavy head, mood change, meaning the top starting to the bed, especially without going through the computer, the house, store or other activity which, otherwise, at the end of ten minutes, you divert the train of sleep. Once in bed, let loose with the three key techniques of relaxation therapy : relaxation, conscious breath, conscious channeling of the thought, which you slip into a slow wave sleep guaranteed.
5. To sleep a sleep of lead", avoid the stimulation exogenous from 20 hours. Stimulation of digestive with a meal too heavy, too much protein or too fat over-activating the digestive fire. The stimulation of the internal temperature of body, by the intensive practice of a sport, or a room or the duvet too hot. Stimuli emotional with mails, sms, upset, talks too animated, the cortisol level does not drop more, awareness is maintained with difficulty falling asleep and waking night to predict.
Stimulation of the brightness with the LED lamps or the screens of computers and tablets, including their lights 'blue' block melatonin, the sleep hormone, and stimulate the awakening, preventing them from falling asleep.
Stimulation chemical with the consumption of benzodiazepines, anxiolytics, sleeping pills, alcohol, that alter the structure of sleep, generating for a sleep anaesthetic, but in reality little recovery, with the key being a dependence characterized by a rebound effect such insomnia become chronic. A substitute chemical, prefer one session of therapy, without side-effect deleterious.